COVID-19 Concerns and Procedures:
Thoughts from the Innkeeper… **Please read the bold printed updates**
While taking vacations further from home or abroad probably won't be the best choice this year, consider a quiet stay at a small intimate Inn where you can relax, feel safe and comfortable while enjoying the local sights, activities and wonderful local food that Maine is famous for.
What I can share with you is that staying in a Bed & Breakfast may be a much better choice for your traveling needs…today and tomorrow. It’s much smaller and more private than a hotel chain with no crowds which makes it a safer choice to relax and enjoy. Innkeepers as myself take great pride in their Inns as it is also our homes. The rooms will have a "down time" (minimum of 48 hours) between each occupancy, deep cleaned and every precaution has been addressed for each of our guests. I personally inspect each and every room before you arrive. We clean everything – even things you may not think of… doorknobs, remotes, light/lamp switches...something we’ve always done and now with upgraded EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants on top of our normal cleaning products! Our TV remotes now have disposable covers too!
No breakfast buffets, only homemade and plated directly to you. So with our beautiful Maine summer and gorgeous autumn seasons approaching I encourage you to support small businesses like ours.
We want to make you, our valued guests, aware that some experiences will be different during your stay in response to our new guidelines. We will do our very best to make your stay comfortable and safe.New updates are as follows:
**November 16, 2020 Update: Starting immediately guests from the state of Massachusetts wishing to book a reservation are NOT EXEMPT from the COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS.
Due to the current rise of COVID-19 cases in Maine, our Governor is reinforcing that all guests arriving from Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut (as with all other states) will be required to quarantine for 14 days or take a COVID-19 test with a negative result within 72 hours of arriving to Maine. A Certificate of Compliance will be required and completed upon check-in to the Inn. As a lodging facility we encourage all our guests to be aware of their current health, underlying conditions and promote the use of a test so that it protects us, our other guests and community**We reopened July 1st while observing the state of Maine/CDC requirements and reopening checklists.
So starting July 1, 2020 we began to host Out-of-State guests that have completed a 14-day quarantine, prior to check-in ~OR~ sign a Certificate of Compliance stating that all visitors in your party have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival in Maine.
We will continue to reevaluate our policies as the State updates their mandates in the future.
*Guests that are residents and coming from the states of Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire are exempt from all requirements.
As we look forward to welcoming back our guests here are some changes to be aware of until further notice...
- In the safety and interest of all of us at the PineCrest, staff and guests alike, if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have any low-immune/health concerns, please stay safely at home. We are counting on you to be responsible with your own health. Communication between us is vital and extremely important!
- Starting June 22, 2020 instead of our normal one-night deposit, you will be charged a $50 non-refundable deposit. Remaining balance will be charged the day of arrival.
- *When you book a reservation, you are in agreement of these policies*
- *Please check back for updates often for any changes*
- For new and existing reservations through the end of October 2020, if you need to cancel for COVID-19 related issues (because you've been diagnosed positive or in contact with someone with COVID-19) within 72 hours of your arrival date, you can receive full deposit credit to reschedule your stay or apply the non-refundable $50 deposit toward a gift certificate for a future booking.
- If you have already paid a one-night deposit prior to June 22, 2020 and you would prefer your deposit to be refunded back to your credit card, we will refund your deposit minus a $50 fee to cover any expenses we've incurred by holding your room.
- Please Direct Book with us (if at all possible) so that we can manage and control your reservation easier without dealing with a third party's rules/fees. Right now we are asking that all new reservations be made by calling us or booking directly online (at www.pinecrestmaine.com) for the rest of 2020.
- We will be requiring everyone to wear a face covering upon entering the Inn, during the check-in/check-out process and anytime you are in any of our inside common guest areas except at your breakfast table. Please bring your face covering with you. THIS IS MANDATORY. Please note that myself or any staff you may encounter will also be wearing a mask to safely serve you.
- We will be observing social distancing guidelines whenever possible and ask our guests to be responsible to do the same with each other. Only registered guests will be allowed on the property at this time.
- We will be cleaning and disinfecting guestrooms between guest stays only and will not be doing daily freshens while occupied. Additional towels or other amenities will be delivered to your guest room door when requested.
- We have had to remove most in-room items that could allow for the transmission of COVID-19, including decorative pillows, throws and magazines. Hand sanitizers have been placed around several areas in the Inn for your use but please do not take these containers with you or outside the Inn. Individual sanitizers/wipes may be placed in your guestroom, when available, which is for you to take with you.
- We have increased the overall frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing our common areas daily.
- There will be ongoing changes to our Breakfast Service....weather permitting, you may have your breakfast served on the patio, if occupancy allows, in our dining room or depending on the number of guests on any given day, in possible assigned breakfast times. Keurig coffee makers are in each guestroom but all self service areas such as our Guest Cafe will be discontinued at this time except for an ice maker, water dispenser and electric tea kettle. We kindly ask you to use hand sanitizer before usage. There are ice buckets for ice to be taken back to your room to limit the amount of touching.
- As of June 17, local and Portland area restaurants are open to indoor and outdoor dining, take-out and curbside pick-up. Many of our guests' favorite restaurants are open for business and are eager to meet your dining needs and also welcome you back. We have arranged an outdoor dining setting here on the property if you would like to bring your lunch or dinner back to the PineCrest to enjoy, and we welcome you to do so if you desire as an option. Shops and touring companies are also reopening with some limiting capacity, helping you to social distance while enjoying your time in the Old Port and beyond.
- If you have any concerns or questions, please call the Inn at #207-839-5843. Since we are not spending our routine time in the office, please leave a message and we will return your call when able to do so.
Thank you to all who safely continue to grace our lives, and doorstep! Safe travels, wherever your destination may take you.